• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The Elephant in the Living Room

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Did anybody see this movie yet? I am thinking about going this weekend.
http://www.theelephantinthelivingroom.com/

turtlepunk

oh yeah i heard about that one.
Im on the fence about this issue. Im all for keeping exotic pets but HUGE CATS? lions? bears? elephants?
I think those animals need to be left alone to roam free. not fenced in some concrete prison.

Kebechet

From what I've heard about it, it sounds like it's highly slanted. They talk about exotic animal attacks (reptiles included in that) and make it sound like this huge huge thing, when the statistics for dog bites are MUCH higher. This film has an agenda, and that agenda is the same agenda that we have been fighting against: to ban reptiles, and other "exotic" animals.

turtlepunk

Kebechet said:
From what I've heard about it, it sounds like it's highly slanted. They talk about exotic animal attacks (reptiles included in that) and make it sound like this huge huge thing, when the statistics for dog bites are MUCH higher. This film has an agenda, and that agenda is the same agenda that we have been fighting against: to ban reptiles, and other "exotic" animals.

AGREED!
from the mouth of Mark Romansky:
"Ok, here we go. THE ELEPHANT IN THE LIVING ROOM. More animal rights propaganda. Do not go and support this movie. Your right to own a pet in this country is in jeopardy. If someone wants to keep an unusual pet, it is their right. Smoking kills more people than anything else on earth, yet you have the right to smoke. I should have the right to have my pets."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.