• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegusonly

Brian Wilber

Most likely i'll be ordering through Rodney at Tegusonly, I gave him a call and he was very helpful and I really think ordering from him would be the best option, i've seen nothing but good reviews about him, pretty confident about him also. The only thing i'm worried about is, I wanted to buy a hatchling tegu first so i could slowly build trust with him, Rodney doesn't sell hatchlings so i was wondering, if i bought a sub-adult or say a 12" tegu, would it be any different from buying a hatchling? Could i still build trust with it the same way I could on a hatchling?

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Jrock23

Yea you can still build trust with a 12" tegu, Just leave he or she alone for at least 4-6 weeks. Give them time to settle in and then you can interact. Handling too soon can cause stress, because you have to think about the travel, the new home, the new environment, the new enclosure.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes let him/her see you daily, and after several days begin interacting. Be I charge, and they follow. Sweeties, actually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu