• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TEGUSONLY RODNEY IRWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST GOT A TEGU FOR TEGUSONLY.COM WHAT A GREATPLACE TO GET A TEGU HEALTHY AS A OX. PLUS TEGUSONLY HAD THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERENCE IN MY LIFE NO EXAGGERATION. GOOD PRODUCT, GREAT GUY, BEST TEGUS,AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BEST OF ALL MY TEGU HAS THE BEST TEMPERAMENT EVER, HE SURE PICKED ME A WINNER. THANKS TO RODNEY IRWIN FROM TEGUS ONLY. SAFE A LIFE AND CHOOSE TEGUSONLY.COM. ALSO I NEED ADVICE ON NAMES PLEASE HERE A PICTURE OF MY EXCELLENT TEGU:)

Attachments

• IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 426

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
To all who may read this thread,

I have only ever seen two good purchases from TegusOnly - this one and another I saw a while back. He doesn't scam you, per say, but in most cases I've seen, you get a sickly looking animal. I advise any of you who are looking for a tegu to look elsewhere, i.e., Ty Park (contact him via email or Facebook), Tegu Terra, or other breeders which can be found on Fauna or Kingsnake.

Jeremy, I'm glad your transaction went well.

well you can discourage many people by telling lies i would like all the contacts that say they Received bad tegus from Rodney Irwin and i will contact Rodney and speak to him involving these accusations if if what u say is true i will make sure its done right be he is a man of his word and product. ps if u get sick tegu from someone and dont give the owner of the website a chance to make it right than thats ur stupidity not theirs. some animals get diseases but doesn't mean the whole bunch is bad. as for rodneys tegus i have never seen one bad tegu yet and would like to see proof of these accusation. other wise were just playing a word game i dont believe any of u without facts. as for tegu terra they scam people out of lots of money, by say they have giant tegu and new lines of tegus when really most of the time its just a bunch of balongy, their prices are ridicules !!!!!!!! i feel sorry for ya actuAL. PS CHECK OUT TEGUSONLY FIREBELLY TEGUS NOW THATS COOL!!!!!!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
From the way you're going on about him, you probably are Rodney Irwin, someone related to him or works for him. Using the slogan from his site and everything. The same thing you said about "other breeders scamming people out of money by saying they have giant tegus when really it's just a bunch of bologna" the same goes for Rodney Irwins "Florida Firebelly Tegus". There's nothing cool or new about them just a normal trait that some tegus have.

Let me not even get started on some of the comments he made in the video on his sight smh.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
I do not want to be a pain but this has to go. I feel like it is bashing well known and respected breeders because of the way this thread has turned out. my tegu from Johnny is very well tamed although still skittish( what tiny animal isnt?) but all in all you shouldnt just boast about someone who makes a living catching wild animals and then decides to sell them for profit. I prefer someone who is almost like one with the tegu rather than a hunter

are u crazy their an invasive species in florida dude!!!!! no affiance but they are either going to be killed or rehoused so i say save a life, but seems like u don't really care. u would rather buy from someone who does it just for profit. wow as for know Rodney i have never met him in person i just am a man of research and have done a transaction for a argentine tegu with him and it went a lot better then any were else. i am studying to be an engineer and im not in the business of buy and selling tegus but i know a thing or two.

TheTeguGurl

Are you the same person in this video....
I am glad you got a healthy Tegu from them. We arent trying to bash anyone.. Just seen FIRST HAND the type of Tegus that have been shipped to ppl in rather poor shape. Umm I would really think about redoing your set up for your Tegu as well... Just my suggestion Lighting, substrate, and even the medal tool box isnt that great.

TheTeguGurl

I do agree. UV mvp bulb depends on wattage should be pointed down and over the tegu no closer then 12 in for a 100 watt or 18 in for a 160 watt. You will risk burning your new tegu and he will no benefit from the uv rays as well like that. It also looks like you are using a pine or cedar based substrate. did you know that the oils can be fetal to him.

thx for the substrate advice will change it immediately also am going to be mount the bulb in the hood tomorrow so its not too close to him about 12 to 18 inches away
i cant get cyprass mulch around here u guy know some cheap substitutes ?

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
you can use organic top soil. walmart usually has Scotts and Earthgro brand. my concern is your enclosure though, a metal box is asking for your tegu to be cooked.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't want to remove a thread because 1) people are entitled to opinions and 2) sometimes "how you say something speaks so loudly that I can't hear what you are saying."

If many people post positive experiences of Johnny's transactions, then this one post isn't going to tarnish Johnny, I am quite sure of that. TeguTerra is bigger than this one review. :) If Johnny is scamming people, folks would be complaining and we would be seeing proof of that all over the Internet. TegusOnly has tried doing business with some bigger tegu breeders without much success, so perhaps there is some resentment there, who knows.

By the same token, video proof has been presented of thin and poorly conditioned tegus shipped by tegusonly. I wouldn't throw the word "liar" and "scammer" around so carelessly if you really want to be taken seriously. Writing in all caps and ranting do not add to your credibility. just my two cents.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If someone wants to contact you regarding the condition of their tegus, that's fine. But no one is going to provide you a list.

wow mr moderator u pretty funny lol it goes to shows that the little man always is crush by cooperate greed as for u mr staff member i could care less about ur two cents because ur employed by teguterra because teguterra owns this site staff member. so just keep them two cents i m sure u need it anyway

TheTeguGurl

:confused: Teuguterra is run and operated with one person.. Johnny himself. Plus he is a wonderful person with great Tegus and is always very helpful whenever someone needs help.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm Mrs. Staff Member, but that's OK. :)

And I am not employed by this site. I work on a volunteer basis simply because I have a passion for tegus. Tegu Terra does not own this site. They are only affiliated because they have a paid ad. Anyone can have a paid ad in the corner. I am friends with Johnny and other tegu breeders and owners simply because we share a common interest.

All joking aside, you (everyone you, not just you, Jeremy) really will lose credibility if you post all sorts of random insults. The fact that you came back and showed the tegu you got from Rodney is your proof. Perhaps the video proof of the other shipped tegus will come up on this site (it is on Facebook). When members post reviews, we don't allow totally unfounded statements. They back it up or we take it down. We don't have lies and rumors floating around and this site remains a place of credible information. Now I have to say that is in reference to info within the past 3 years or so. There is some older stuff floating around that needs to be cleaned up, but I don't think that has anything to do with this conversation.

On another note, the reason breeders charge so much for there animals is simply because of overhead. I breed on a small scale and I can tell you that it is not as profitable as people think. If you are keeping a good amount of adult animals and you care to feed them a quality diet, it is expensive. The babies need to fed, electricity to maintain bulbs, etc. Also, sometimes years have gone into certain breeding projects. If Mr Iwrin can catch wild tegus and not keep them for very long, he does not have as much money invested in them and does not need to charge as much. But the fact that he does charge money for them (and rightly so) shows that he needs to pay his bills, too. If he was just saving all the wild tegus, he would catch them, sell them for free, and customers would just pay shipping. He got them for free. Is that not an example of greed? Not really, the man is just making a living like everyone else selling something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.