• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TEGUS

omar

hi my name is omar i am 21 years old
i have
-chameleon named slinky
-uromastyx named liliah
-common snapping turtle named lochness monster
-female tegu named rosy
male tegu named timmy

im planning on breeding them this year my tegus i have all the info i need just got acouple of questions i want to make everything is perfect
what should the temp and humidity be and what egg substrate should i use??
ive read humidity should be 100% and temp should be 85-105 degreas just wanting to get some help
anything helps thank you in advance :)

Daniel medranodiaz

Hey there and welcome to the group. For the Temps and humidity it all depends on where you are located. Usually 80-100% should be fine, basking spot should be around 120-130 depending on what your tegu likes. Ambient tempature should be around the low 90s and high 80s and at night time should stay in the mid 70s. For the egg mixture 50% of vermiculite and 50% perlite. Incubation Temps shold be around 86-90 degrees Fahrenheit.

omar

This looks like an amazing page
Thank you daniel thats really help full :)
And i need some info on incubation conditions to bug
And i will keep you guys updated walter :)

Daniel medranodiaz

Ok so usually once you figured out how when the female laid her eggs you want to remove them as soon as possible. Female tegus will lay between 15-60 I believe. Theres was a record of 74 eggs being laid. You want the humidity to be 100% high. It takes around 60 days for incubation. Some will hatch earlier or later. Once you see the majority is hatching you want to rub the ones that haven't come out yet, gently rub them to stimulate them to hatch. If it doesn't come out then it may need more time to incubate or it could have died during the incubation period. I really hope this helps and if you have anymore questions just feel free to ask.

omar

Both of those answers will help me out alot thanks one more question
Do i add water to the substrate mixture do i need to keep adding water threw out the 60 days of incubating?
And once again thank you very much this is very appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff