• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu woke up? What do?

Last Thursday, in preparation of returning home for winter break, I removed some of the decorations from my tegu's cage so he won't get crushed by then while being transported home. Someone mentioned to me that heavy rocks in the enclosure can crush lizards, and that had me in a bit of a panic since i have a large chunk of coral in his cage (don't ask).

I removed the coral and found him snug and asleep under it. Relieved, I brushed some substrate over him so I wouldn't bother him more. Apparently that didn't work though since he woke up and was very grouchy. Once he took a nap under the heat lamp though he was perfectly calm. Brings back flashbacks to when I wrote the "morning grouchiness?" thread.

Anyway, that was Thursday. He wen't back to sleep, didn't wake up at all friday, apparently didn't wake up saturday, sunday, or yesterday. I thought all was back to normal but when I got up this morning; there he was up on his log under the ceramic heat lamp.

I should mention that the thermostat here in my parent's house is apparently higher (or the house is simply better insulated) than my apartment. Probably has to do with how I'm paying for heating there now...

I don't really know what to do now though. I'm thrilled to see him up again (I was really missing him) but I don't know if I should feed him or give him his UVB back etc.

My current plan is to wait until tomorrow to see if he's still up. If he is then I'll have to get him more food since I left all of it back at my apartment (didn't anticipate this happening). In my normal stance of needless over-concern though I think that I think that he looks skinny and I should feed him now though.

What would you guys do? And thank you for your help!

G

Chances are he will go back to sleep once he settles in .. I would leave the light on some at first and hold off on feeding a couple of days till you see what he wants to do ... Hes the boss ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu