• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu wake up thread.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well the nice colors are starting to show, some of mt tegus are starting to shed the ugly stained skins:

Attachments

• DSCN5245.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 2
  • DSCN5249.JPG
  • DSCN5243.JPG

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My guys started showing themselves last week, so today I decided to turn on all the lights to make it official!

Just in time to celebrate good ole' St. Patrick's Day!!! :bud :cheers :tomu :puke :wnw

I just transferred them into their new enclosure. They explored for about an hour and then seemed to settle a little bit, so I offered them some food. They both ate and now happily basking off their meals. I'll try and get pics up later.

Beasty

5 Year Member
My lil girly Extreme surfaced for a drink today. I opened the blinds and turned on the lights and it worked! Now to see if it's going to stick and hopefully her boyfriend comes out too. She wouldn't eat but had a nice long drink. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get some nice pix here soon.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Beasty said:
My lil girly Extreme surfaced for a drink today. I opened the blinds and turned on the lights and it worked! Now to see if it's going to stick and hopefully her boyfriend comes out too. She wouldn't eat but had a nice long drink. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get some nice pix here soon.

Awesome, I can't wait to see some pictures!! :)

axeslinger39

5 Year Member
Yes!Spring had sprung and my young B&W tegus woke from her long sleep since late Oct and showd her old skin in her tank with her head & tounge flickering!I took her out of the closet and out in the open with a fresh misting and water and heat lamp.Just gunna wait and see then prepare for a feed..She showd a bit huffy when slowly going to change water in her bowl but I am sure ok to start enjoying her again..Axe

Beasty

5 Year Member
Ok, here's my tiny little girly Extreme. She was a bit dry(though humidity has been maintained at 60%+-) and as expected had a nice long drink. I tried to offer turkey but she'd have none of it. No sign of her nor boyfriend today. Hopefully they'll be up and about, hogging out here soon.
Here's the pic:

femx3-20-09.jpg

Beasty

5 Year Member
Beautiful boy you have there! :mrgreen:
I wish mine would decide to get up already...and stay up!
It's snowing AGAIN today so I guess they know what they're doing.
Even my blue is only up for a few hours at a time. Oh well, soon enough it will be hot as heck outside and we'll be wishing for cooler weather and a reprieve from the food bill. C'est la vie!

rule6660

5 Year Member
Thanks, We had a little bit of snow yesterday but not too much. My females are starting to wake up also.

akward_silence91

5 Year Member
ok , so mine woke up today, but I didn't have time to take pics, so tomorrow will have to do. However, since I don't have the time to go browsing through all the past threads and this has been nagging me for sometime (cause I think I read it somewhere): should i wait for a few days before I feed him?

Filphfio

5 Year Member
mine woke up last week, now there back down again, I see one of them every so often. They ate once last week, anyone else have there Tegu go back down after there wake up? Is there something I'm missing?!

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
not sure if i've piped in yet, but jokers is fully awake, eating 2x a day and doubling weight it allmost seems weekly. groxy is still adjusted to wake up when i get home from work, but sleeps a ton more than joker.

jokers an 08 extreme btw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan