• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Suddenly Started Running

Alxsparks

Our Tegu had been lounging on the sofa with us for a few hours when he suddenly jumped up and started running in circles. There was nothing around to touch or bother him and we can't figure out what happened.

Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp-7yC4y6fM .

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Finnegan is generally very slow and docile. This might be the fastest we've ever seen him move.

Alxsparks

Murkve said:
It looks like he's trying to defecate. Has he pooped in the last few days?

Yes, he has.

I agree it looks like that, but he just ate a large meal a few hours ago (a whole small mouse). If he was backed up, he wouldn't be eating like that, would he?

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
I agree with murkve. He was sniffing his butt a lot. Probably feels discomfort there. Try the warm bath poo thing. The poo is from before the big meal. He might eat if the back up hasn't gotten too bad yet.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Get him in a warm bath amd leave him til he poops its kind of funny though

from Samsung Galaxy S3

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Tegu Suddenly Started Running

Dubya said:
White Castle cheeseburgers may help with pooing. They work for me.

Lmao thats right murder burgers

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu