• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu STUCK UNDER AIR CONDITIONER!!!

Emma Townsend

Help so we couldn’t find my tegu for a while in my backyard and we found she burrowed under the air conditioner!!! I’m really worried becauseI don’t know how to get her out!!!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Easy. Fence it off. Either set a snare or trap, set bait and catch.

Emma Townsend

Easy. Fence it off. Either set a snare or trap, set bait and catch.
I would but the whole thing is surrounded by heavy bushes and there are other tiny lizards and other animals that live out there too :( do you have any recommendations as to what trap?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would but the whole thing is surrounded by heavy bushes and there are other tiny lizards and other animals that live out there too :( do you have any recommendations as to what trap?
A have-a-heart trap or a noose or net sock at burrow entrance.

Emma Townsend

I GOT HER OUT!!! Turns out she had lifted up the air conditioner so much that she could not get out and had wedged herself and was stuck!!! I figured this out after an hour of being face down on the cement and dirt trying to get her out . I got my dad to lift it up and I pulled her out!!! Lots of dirt and stuff on her but she was grateful to be reduced!!! She’s a little lethargic so I’m keeping an eye on her because she was under there for 2 days. The reason I didn’t try to get her is because she was so aggressive when my dad and I were trying to get her inside and we figured she would come out! My parents were just like “oh no she will come out on her own” This just goes to show that PARENTS DO NOT ALWAYS KNOW BETTER!

Attachments

• FE52C2BD-18A2-4591-A13A-03944AC0127B.png
    FE52C2BD-18A2-4591-A13A-03944AC0127B.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

Guman

This is what is great about the reptile community. It brings young and old together. Our younger people get to hear how important it is to take it in their parents, but elders learn that kids are also smart and are often underestimated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont