• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu setup

scrapper61

5 Year Member
Hey can u guys look at my tegu setup? i took a video becuase i dont know how to work the pictures on here lol. The music is wack hahahaha but check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG37uw2hpUg&feature=channel_video_title subscribe haha

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Looks good for a water dragon. You should focus more so on width and length rather than height.

Exactly how tall is the cage and how far away is the uvb from the tegu? Are you using a compact florescent light?

You don't have a hide but with deep enough substrate you should be good.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but is that a screen cage? If so whats your humidity, it looks pretty dry in the cage. You have anything to measure your temps and humidity?

Not trying to sound mean with the above, it's just a few questions and concerns i have and i'm sure all will need to know in order to help.

The tegu is beautiful btw!

Dirtydmc

Needs to be longer so he can roam. Needs the hot basking spot and a cool side. Needs a hide. My gu's like to climb. I know, wierd. Most are ground dwellers. I'd love to have your enclosure for my water dragons.

turtlepunk

that enclosure probably won't work too well for a tegu for many reasons (most of them highlighted in strange_evil's comment)
right now the bulb looks to be too far away from the basking site. what are the temps?
Do you have a uvb bulb? the rays may not be reaching the ground level.
You need enough length in the enclosure for thermoregulation and roaming space.

spidersandmonsters

It would be right in every way for a water dragon, but for this guy, you basically just need to flip everything around. He needs WAY more floor space, and there's no way he's receiving any of the uv from those lamps..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu