• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Rescue

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Woo he is a fat little guy..well big guy.. the poor thing.. Its so good to hear of people doing the right thing.

Adams13

5 Year Member
I think you did a great thing for him, but man were you right about that retained shed. I don't understand how so many people are capable of neglecting an animal so much. I put aside time each and every day to properly care for the animals i have and yet i have seen so called reptile stores, and so called "breeders" show countless amounts of bad husbandry, forgetfulness, and just plain ignorance. If you don't have the time, avoid a pet altogether, especially with reptiles... Regardless if the animal is small, medium or large it is the owners responsibility to attempt to reenact(sp) the animals natural environment. I do commemorate him for lowering the prices, but it still doesn't erase the neglect shown.

At least follow the simple rules, proper space, heat, lighting, humidity, and food!

Adams

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Heck yeah!!! You rock! Let's pray that he never gets in to reptiles again! I hope he turns out ok! *bear hugs you*
It's nice to see a sweetie like him go to a better home.

Keep us updated on his condition!

scotty93801

5 Year Member
Well after talking to Bobby. the Tegu is a She and she shed 2 layers now and is alot redder than before. Now to get her to eat
tried twice going for 3 now.
Thanks for your support .
Scott

gebris353

5 Year Member
Nicely done! And thanks for the answer about the zig-zag tail, I just cant believe someone cant see their tail while closing their enclosures...

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
scotty93801 said:
DZLife said:
Maybe update us with new pics?

After trying really hard to not let her hibernate she did it anyway.
So when she comes out I'll get some fresh pics of her.

Uh-oh..did yo get any food in her before she went under?

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
scotty93801 said:
It was short and sweet she came out today and nibbled a little

oh ok. good. I waws worried that she might start sufffering from malnourishment if she went straight under.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602