• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu pooping

Wooly

5 Year Member
I always get my tegu out and let him eat off a plate on the ground. After I let him free roam the reptile room or bonus room for a half hour to an hour. Usually but not all the time he will poop on the carpet. Is there anything I can do to help stop him from pooping on the carpet? Lay something down he might go in. Or maybe feed then put him back in his cage for an hour or so to digest then get him out to free roam? Any thoughts, thanks.

Wooly

Wooly

5 Year Member
You think I should get a bathing tub for on the ground or should I take him the the bathroom tub. He usually like to eat a bit then roam then come back and eat a bit and then roam and poop.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
If you use the bathtub you can just wash everything down the drain :) You can try a large rubbermaid tub, but I think its easier in the bathtub

jntann

5 Year Member
Hi where i live in Arizona it is warm enough I feed mine out side on a plate on the ground and mine always poops within one or two minutes after eating then i let it roam around the yard for a while then back in the cage. for a about 6 months now it has never pooped in the cage..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus