• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu passed away

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Hi everyone. I have some very bad news. My female powder blue/red hybrid Tegu ( Schatzi ) passed away a few days ago. I was holding her just two days before she passed away and she seemd to be fine. When I went into the reptile room to feed everyone and give them a bath I saw her dead in the enclosure. Fisrt I thought she was just sleeping ( her face was facing the other way ). When I reached in there to get her out she was all stiff. My I droped her and started to scream and cry ( she was one of my favorite ones ). My boyfriend and I couldn't figure out how she just could pass away like that. After I got my self together I got her out of the enclosure and I saw that her mouth was open. When I looked inside her mouth I saw a thin/small piece of mulch. I checked out her mouth some more. I saw that on top of her gum ( close to her nose ) was alot of dried blood. My boyfriend thinks that she tried to eat a piece of mulch and poked her self on top of her gum. It maybe got infected and the infection got into the blood and killed her. I'm so heart broken because I wanted to breed her with our All American Tegu ( Shakespeare ). She had the most amazing colored I have ever seen. Sorry for making it so long. Thank you for reading.

This is Schatzi:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-aHHBZjDTA&feature=channel_video_title" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-aHHBZj ... ideo_title</a><!-- m -->

SS852799.jpg

SS852798.jpg

SS852801.jpg

WithDeepestSympathy2.jpg

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ah man that bites, she was a very pretty tegu. I am really sorry about your lost.

G

Wow I`m sorry ...

I guess we will never know why ..

How old was she ... ????

I am guessing that the mulch eating was trying to fix something internal that didn`t work ....

turtlepunk

OH MY GOSH! Im devastated!!! I have watched all of your tegu videos before even stumbling upon this site!!!! I AM SO SORRY!!! she was such a GORGEOUS girl!!!
It was YOUR videos that got me so FASCINATED by these animals!! Im soo sorry for your loss!!!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its always devestating loosing a loved one and we all know how much you love your tegus..i send you my condolences and a huge hug..

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Guest said:
Wow I`m sorry ...

I guess we will never know why ..

How old was she ... ????

I am guessing that the mulch eating was trying to fix something internal that didn`t work ....

I'm sorry for taking so long to reply. She was born July 26th of 08. She was the best eater out of all six Tegus. She ate everything. She even ate more fruits then the others.

Thank you everyone so much for your warm condolences. I'm sorry for taking so long to reply, but I'm still having a hard time to let go.

montana

I guess I the Guest ..

Thank you for your reply ...

Mine is still sleeping Hope there arn`t any problems if and when he wakes ...

Sorry about the loss ...

Any plans for a new one ???

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
montana. Yes, I'm looking for another one. But the powder blue Tegus are SOOOOO hard to find. I still have her brother but he doesn't have as much ( hardly any ) powder blue on him. I don't care if it's going to be a male or female. Since I have a male and female All American that I want the new Tegu to breed with. I just want the powder blue color to come back since it's so rare.

jumper123. Thank you for the very nice compliment and the kind words.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm sorry about your loss, she was a beautiful girl. Hope you're doing alright!

DiamondCreek

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful. Having seen some of the videos, she seemed to also have a larger than life personality. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu