• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu on Craiglist.com in NYC

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/pet/595527377.html">http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/pet/595527377.html</a><!-- m -->
I would adopt he/she but i cant afford to drive that far.. Plus i dont think my car would make it there.
The guy is an A$$..and doesnt understand there is no selling animals on Craigslist.com

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
LOL sorry Lex but I gotta laugh. Small time breeders sell on craigslist all the time and since most people are into dogs and cats up for adoption fees (which is ok by CL rules) no one pays attention to the reptiles. I've put up some re-home reptiles that people duct tape to my door after they've been fed and vet checked and takaen care of, but I flag the daylights out of people who want 100 or more and claim it's an "adoption fee".

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah he is a breeder..He breeds bearded dragons, Ball pythons,and claims to be breeding blue Tegus.. There are so many people on craigslist who are just out for the money and not the animals well being..its sad really.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
LOL sorry Lex but I gotta laugh. Small time breeders sell on craigslist all the time and since most people are into dogs and cats up for adoption fees (which is ok by CL rules) no one pays attention to the reptiles. I've put up some re-home reptiles that people duct tape to my door after they've been fed and vet checked and takaen care of, but I flag the daylights out of people who want 100 or more and claim it's an "adoption fee".

That's exactly how I feel. It really burns me up when someone even mentions "adoption fee". It's no different than selling the animal, especially if you ask 100 or more.

Why would you even pay for an animal that is in need of a "rescue"? If the people ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT IT, it would go for free.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, I found my absolutely gorgeous and 100% healthy female ball python on craigslist. He met up with me in person, and he even gave me his full contact information if I EVER have problems with her! He told me even if I have problems with her a year later, I could still call him and he'd help if he could!
He is a local ball python breeder, and was only selling her because she was supposed to be bred this year, but was undersized (not due to a health problem; I took her to the vet to be sure myself) and had another larger holdback female lined up to take her place from another breeder. I believe that he was a dedicated reptile hobbyist and put his main focus on breeding and actually makes a little living off of it. He was an older dude who lived in a house down near the beach. He was the kind of guy who doesn't care about fancy things, just in livin' it up. He sold her to me for a more than fair price with a month guarantee :p
I know it sounds too-good-to-be-true, but it wasn't.
I dunno, maybe he just like me. Maybe he liked me because he saw me struggling with my tourettes syndrome with a smile on my face (it was full-blown at the time)...who knows. I just feel lucky to have my girl. I love her to bits!

Wow, did I just type all that?
Anyway, back to the INTENDED topic: I would RARELY condone buying any reptile off of craigslist, unless you can meet up and inspect the reptile in person before you buy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan