• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu not sleeping in burrow.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Well last night was the second time in a week I have seen my tegu just sleep out in the open not under his rock where he usually sleeps. Has anyone else ever seen this behavior before in there tegu?

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Perhaps he's too cold and therefore doesn't want to seek out his cool burrow? It could be a number of things. Post pics of your setup, temps/humidity, and how you measured them.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My tegu routinely did this. Bobby and I theorized that it was just him being really comfortable in his surroundings that he didn't feel the need to hide at night. It lasted for about 2 weeks and then he started burrowing himself again.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Well I know its not because he is to cold because it is getting warmer in my area. The temps are 78degrees on one side and probably 73 degrees on the other all taken with digital probe thermometers humidity is always 60-90 percent. He is doing everything he usually does eating pooping basking. I think puff is right with the whole comfortable thing if I had to guess that is what I would guess.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/redtail2426/">http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/redtail2426/</a><!-- m -->
There are some pics in there of my setup

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.