• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu hours.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Hey, Im just wondering how many hours a day your tegu are awake. Mine only stays up fot around 2-3 hours :( ...(6:00-8:30) What about you guys?

Beasty

5 Year Member
From what I can tell my blue only stays up a few hours as well. She needs a larger enclosure which I'm working on now. I think it might have something to do with boredom as there's not much to do nor anywhere to go. She will wake anywhere from 8-11AM and back down by no later than 5pm which makes feeding and interaction difficult as I work graves. Either I stay up after work or get in early and sleep for a few and get her out as soon as I get up and see her. If I wait until I'm fully awake, frequently she's back down. It's quite frustrating. My Extremes are still basically in hibernation. I spotted the female up yesterday and got her out for a soak and offered food she wasn't interested in.
Hopefully as the weather gets warmer I will get more time with my tegus. Patience is virtue one must possess fully to have tegus it seems. Having spent hundreds on the animals and husbandry only to have interaction with feeders for months on end to finally see your precious critters briefly on an infrequent basis is hard. The payoff is great though if you can achieve the big tame lizard everyone is after. Good luck to us all!

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
same here my tegu appears from the burrows around 8-9am eats, basks and goes down around 3:30-4 pm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029