• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu feeding

Tarantu1aMan

5 Year Member
ive only had my new tegu for 4 days,i went to go feed him this morning,he was basking as usual,hes a little skittish & scared so he kinda runs back and forth across his tank when i come up to it,i was watching him(wanting to get him out)so,after about 20 mns he went to his burrow.i dont know what to do,because he needs to eat,should i wait till later or what???i usaully see him a few times a day so i think it will be hard to catch him while hes out,and i dont want to ruin his trust with me and wake him up(if he has any with me,LOL)

Jer723

5 Year Member
well. i know some people leave food in the enclosure, for the day or overnight, it may just be a thing of you watching him, like my tegu he stares at u while hes eating and if u even glance over he will stop and stare, mine doesnt like when you watch him eat, id leave a plate of something to eat for him over night and see if he even touches it, this happened to my tegu, every once in a while i HAVE TO wake him up, ecause he never comes out, but now hes eating all the time! and out all the time, hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus