1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Tegu escaped!

Discussion in 'Black and White Tegu Discussion' started by Jesse German, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Jesse German

Jesse German New Member

Hello there. I have an Argentine B&W tegu, Lizzy, as a classroom pet. She is about 2 feet long and the size of a baseball bat in diameter. Our first teacher workday was Monday and overnight Liz broke through the screen top of her cage. My classroom door (inside) was open. There is no way that she could have gotten outside, but she could be anywhere in the school. I have torn my classroom apart looking for her- air vent, closets, cabinets, under all furniture. I have also set out a basking lamp near where she escaped and have been leaving food nearby to try to entice her to come out. Does anybody have any tips or suggestions on how to lure her out from wherever she is hiding. She is my baby and it breaks my heart to think about her not coming back.
  2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Jesse,

My heart breaks for you. Needle in a haystack to a certain degree.

First look in dark potential reatreats.Pay special attention for activity between 9-noon.

Beyond that, maybe set a hava heart trap with wet cat food in suspected rooms.

I hope you find her
    Leezard likes this.
  3. Jesse German

Jesse German New Member

Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it. I hope that I find her too!!!!
  4. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

Put flour or sugar round the perimiter of each room to see if you get any over night disturbance that might lead you to her.
    kizy, Walter1 and Jesse German like this.
  5. Jesse German

Jesse German New Member

Crying happy tears.... she just wandered into the workroom

Attached Files:

EnjoysWine likes this.
  6. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Great Boogly Woogly!!!
  7. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

Amazing result...Xx