• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu and Sav Monitor Impacted??

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
I gave my 3 foot tegua mouse about 2 weeks ago, and my 2 foot sav monitor a fuzzy about a week ago, and both have not pooped since :shock: They have both eaten rodents of this size before with no trouble.. so I cant figure out why their not passing it. Ive raised the temps a little, been giving them baths, making sure they drink plenty, rubbing their bellies and I gave them both a bit of cod liver oil in a syringe. Im not sure what else I can do.
Could hibernating have anything to do with this?? They seem to be sleeping more and slowing down... any help appreciated.

Anthony

5 Year Member
u could try a drop of mineral oil from both ends thats what bobby reccomended to me when i thought mine was impacted... good luck

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Keep giving them cod liver oil. And try a nice hot bath but not too hot, I put Zero in a bath for about ten minutes and the poop came right out

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
Its deff not in the substrate because I took all the substrate out last week due to a mite problem and havent put any back in yet (only in their caves)
Ive been giving them oil and baths.. still nothing.. dunno what to do.. the tegu doesnt look bloated at all, but the monitor kinda does

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
actually the tegu seems fine after just checking on him again.. he passed urine and a little bit of poop!!! :woot lol
Still worried about the sav ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.