• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu and Iguana

naleme

So at home i have a 9yr old male iguan that is tame as a dog and i sleep with him. But within next week a 1yr and few month old male tegu is coming in to my family :) i wanted to know if anyone have any problems with different species of lizards getting into a big fight. Also i let my lizards free roam the house

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The iguana will probably try and kill the tegu. How big is the iguana?

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Yea but nown he has another lizard invading hos territory so he will get aggresive

from Samsung Galaxy S3

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know someone who took in a 5' male iguana after the original owner passed away. The iguana tries to kill his white throat monitor every chance he gets and he never bit anyone nor does he show any aggression towards any one else. They have to free roam at separate times and when the white throat is out the iguana has to be locked in a room, because even if he is in his enclosure he will try to get out to get the monitor.

3.5' is also a little small for a 9 yr old iguana. Any pics of him?

naleme

Oh also to mention i have a juvenile Argentine Black and White tegu that my iguana pays no attention too. The juve will crawl all over the iguana in the bed but not once has my iguana shown any interest or aggression towards it.

naleme

[attachment=6320][attachment=6321]Here he is

And dont mind the bedsheet i had to uncover the sheets to take pictures of him because he sleeps in my bed

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 24
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 24

naleme

Yep. Whenever its breeding season he gets a bright orange shade on his arms and jowels. I also took him to the vet when he was younger and even they said it was a male

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu