• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Taming

Glen

Hi ..I'm sure everyone has had this question at sometime or answered it .
I have a 16mth old red male tegu .I'm having trouble handling him .Quick back story.
Got him at 6/8 mths would tolerate small amount of handling..I followed the advice of what seems to be the main opinion of let him settle and let him come to you .
I have done this now for the past 9/10 mths I've had him ..I'm with him constantly as I work from home and he's in my office..I let him out ..I take him the shower yet if I handle him for longer than 60 seconds he kicks off ..never bitten or tail whipped just struggling to get down .I've heard they go through a phase at this age then calm right down ..He will let me pet me but gets fed up after couple of mins and moves off ..I've done this every day for what's seems an age .I'm just worried I've missed the boat with him and he'll never tame down....I've watched a couple of YouTube videos where people hold them not quite forcefully but enough so they can't escape. I don't really want to ruin what I have built up with him ...Cheers..Glen ftom Liverpool

Attachments

• 20240120_064552.jpg
    20240120_064552.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980