• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Taming a Skittish Blue Tegu

RePTiLeZ

I just got a blue tegu who is nearly a year old. I got him/her about 2 weeks ago and I haven't held him/her in order to allow him/her to adjust to his/her new cage. He/she seems happy; it burrows until mid afternoon when he/she roams around for a while. It has been eating, but only when I'm not around.
On the drive with him/her back he/she managed to escape from the bag. I picked him/her up to put it back in. He/she was very calm and seemed pleased to be out of the cloth bag. However, he/she seems skittish now that he/she's in his/her new cage. I've been sitting near his/her cage in the mid afternoon and read next to the cage in order to allow him/her to get accustom to my presence. He/she acts as if he/she wants attention; he/she usually checks out his/her cage for a while then settles as close to me as possible. I've held my hand up to the glass and he/she's calm and tries to smell me. However, when I reach into his cage, he/she scuttles a couple inches away and stares at me as if I was attempting to squash him/her. Any advice on taming? Thanks!

Ps: He/she has never tried to bite or whip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214