• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

taking abandoned tegu, was told it wasnt properly cared for

bella60407

5 Year Member
not sure about a lot just yet but i feel we have good shot of bringing this guy around. going to get more info today, was told he snaps at people and is only about 1 ft long, they were only feeding him crickets and not keeping cage moist, the mans son had him upstairs in bedroom and the man never saw it, feels his son isn't taking care of it and happened to get on topic with my boyfriend about finding it new home, I wantt o take him in. can anyone give me any suggestions on what i should do first for this fragile and probably scared. hes also giving up the 100 gal tank with him, he was giving correct lighting thank god! " i do have tegu of my own but i've only just recently started caring for this species. ive been doing tons of research....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
Deb

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Make sure the UVB bulb is at the correct distance from the Tegu. A florescent bulb doesn't emit enough UVB beyond 12" for a young Tegu. A MVB would be better, but keep it between 12" & 24" away. Don't for get the 100 degree (surface) basking temp.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan