• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tail Amputation after care

Jennifer Frossard

My Tegu has sepsis in his tail. The vet said he was either born with it or picked up the bacteria somewhere or not basking after eating. He lives in a 6X4X4 house, he has a mixture of organic soil, play sand, and sphagum moss. He has a basking light, and heat light, UVB bar, a flood light, and an LED bar, he also has a humidifier. He gets to free roam about 2 hours a day.

His surgery is on July 6 and he will stay at the vet for a couple days after. She said he would have to heal in an enclosure that does not dirt, sand, or moss for at least 2 weeks, So I’m thinking big blankets? Has anyone gone through this before? I’m a nervous wreck, and not sure what to expect for after care? Thank you.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
I hope everything goes ok for your little guy. It sounds like you take good care of him, so it might be an infection or the born with it part.

Blankets, paper towels, or newspaper I think can be fine, but Im no expert. My guy used to love burrowing under pillows and blankets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029