• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

sunshine!

nat

5 Year Member
It was so nice out today that I was able to put the torts outside for a couple hours in the greenhouse (which is saying a lot for the weather when you live in B.C. and its only March 4th) Hope everyone else is enjoying the sun as much as we are!
tort4.jpg

tort3-1.jpg

tort2-1.jpg

tort5.jpg

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are the temps like right now? I'm having an animal shipped cross-country, and it can't bee too cold, or she'll die.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
wow they are awesome.Iv always wanted a tortie. Wish it was nice out here.. Its cold and rainy..

nat

5 Year Member
its about 14'c outside where I am in BC and in the green house its probably around the mid 20's. Not sure what the temps are like anywhere else but a site like the weathernetwork.com could give you a good idea of what the temps are like across the country

bored_gurl9023

5 Year Member
Nice Sulcatas. Tortoises I can talk about without difficulty! It was cold and rainy here.. My babies didn't get to go outside.

nat

5 Year Member
yah its usually cold and rainy here so I really wanted to take advantage of the sunshine. Now I just have to hurry up and get the redfoot pen done!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome pics Nat!! I am also looking at your water pans, they are the same ones I use for feeding my adult tegus. :)

Adams13

5 Year Member
I wish i had that weather, im supposed to get hit with 20-30 cm of snow 2night. But those really are great tortoises. One question though, the tort in the second pic, is his eye swollen, or am i seeing the wrong side of him.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice pics. :) I've been taking my animals out a lot since it's gotten warm here. Not surprising though, I live in San Diego, haha.

nat

5 Year Member
Adams13 said:
I wish i had that weather, im supposed to get hit with 20-30 cm of snow 2night. But those really are great tortoises. One question though, the tort in the second pic, is his eye swollen, or am i seeing the wrong side of him.

I caught mona in a blink. I saw that to and thought it might look a little strange. They were so busy wolfing down grass they were constantly blinking and gulping. The same tortoise is in the third picture and as you can see, her eyes are nice and clear.

Beazer

5 Year Member
Nice lookin tortoises! I have a Desert tortoise that somebody dropped off. It has pyramiding but Im hoping it will correct later on in life. It's sad because people get their information on the care from our local Game and Fish and they always give wrong information on the care. They dont even want people breeding them for some dumb reason. He/she is still deep in her burrow the rabbits dug lol.

-Jon DeLong

nat

5 Year Member
I would love to live somewhere where I could keep them outside all season! I also think its sooo cool to live in an area where torts are native. Good job looking after him... they need all the help they can get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus