• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

suggestions?

Jer723

5 Year Member
i am going to the july 12th white plains reptile expo and im trying to convince my mom to let me get something, can you give me any suggestions, i want either a lizard or snake, not tooo big maybe a 3 ft lizard, or 6ft snake. not too advanced of a pet, and that wont kill me on feeding and care for money. thanks in advance please give me some ideas i want some other opinions! oh for the record my mom says NO more tegus! (i think shes jealous lol) ;)

ps: anybody who is going tell me so maybe we can meet up?

Jerry

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
leopard geckos are super easy and some look absolutely amazing. as far as snakes go, have you looked into sand boas? they are often overlooked. they are super cool looking and stay small.

Jer723

5 Year Member
ive thought of them they look cool but do they ever come out? and how much do they run for initial cost? any others?

Ratchet

5 Year Member
i might be going with my gf on july 12...if your looking for something smaller than a tegu and not to much for food then you should try uros or skinks...uro are omnivorous so i've heard and they dont get to big...skinks are just cool...as for snakes...i got nothin lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You could do a corn snake or king, both of them do not get huge and make easy pets to care for.

Jer723

5 Year Member
i already have a king, i kind of wanted to venture into maybe a dumerils bo or maybe a chameleon or something i dont know for sure yet and thats why im asking, thanks or the responses guys. does anybody else have a suggestion?

Ratchet

5 Year Member
chameleons are kinda boring...i mean pretty to look at but boring as pets...i love big reptiles so under 6ft for a snake is boring...my gf was thinking about a lavender corn snake...worse comes to worse geckos and beardies are always small and handle able

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
Jerz I try to be there early EVERY event but I end up arriving at 12ish. I'll let you know what I'll be wearing theday before so we cant meet somewhere and cause a tegutalk riot :-D j/p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980