• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

success

erk

5 Year Member
I was bitten by the herping bug about 3 months ago. I haven't gone one weekend without spending at least 4 hours in the backyard (7 acres). I've found a black rat, black racer, small brown water snake, and a few ringnecks, but not the corn or king that I've been after.

The other day Bobby gave me some good tips. I followed his advice and look what I found:

Lampropeltis getula floridana
PC090673.jpg

PC090670.jpg

PC090668.jpg

He took 1 f/t fuzzy the first night and yesterday he ate 2.

I will take better pics this weekend and post them.

erk

5 Year Member
Thanks. He is really pretty, but I've seen pictures of adults and they seem to lose their pattern.

I really wasn't expecting to find anything. It was like 65 degrees out.

I can't wait till spring. My wife bought me a Black and Decker rechargeable spotlight. It's like having portable sun light. There are also tons of old dirt roads where I live. Corn snakes, look out!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
dorton said:
Nice find. Allright Bobby, fess up, whats the tips??

Thats the thing you give the waitress after you eat. :lol: :lol:

No, it is called night hunting, many of these snakes are in the trees during the day. :wink:

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i dont agree much with taken things out of the wild... but it is a pretty snake!

Beazer

5 Year Member
Nice man. I havent really been out herping much just cause of the weather here in AZ. I kind of cant wait til it gets warmer. Though, I was driving a friend home the other night and found a red spotted toad after a heavy rain. It was pretty dang cold out too lol. Nice find.

-Jon DeLong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980