• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Success is mine!!!

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Hooray! After almost 3 months of hopeless searching, I finally found a female Ctenosaura Pectinata to hook up with my male. The breeder I purchased from before had 3 iguanas returned that turned out to be 2.1. Just my luck eh? The price has risen on these guys due to high demand, but it's worth every penny. I'm so excited.
Here's what I'm getting in female form:
Pectinata4.jpg

Pectinata6.jpg

It's about time things went my way.

Jif: I hope you pop in to check out this post, I know you'll appreciate this.

Cheers

-Chris

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
And a worthy bumb at that!! Too awesome bro. This species has spiked my interest but I do not have enough knowledge base to persue owning one at the moment. I am really partial to Ctenosaura hemilopha conspicuosa and hopefully will be able to get my hands on a pure pair. Best of luck! I hope you plan on breeding! With a 1.1 pair, I am assuming you are.

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
That's the plan Puffdragon. It'll be a year or two until they can breed, but hopefully everything works out in my favor. This is my first breeding project, so I'm very excited. It's nice that I'm starting out with healthy captive bred animals. The acclimation of wild caught animals seems to complicate the breeding process.

Speaking out Ctenosaura hemilopha conspicuosa, there was a pair for sale on Kingsnake.com for about a day. Along with C. melanosterna and a so called "yellow C. pectinata" that was obviously not a banana phase, but still very cool. It had a lot of black on it. I PM'd Jif about it. I had no idea you were into Ctenosaura. If I catch a deal in the future I'll let you know.

For the time being, here's some helpful Pectinata literature from Kelly Paul. Hard to read, but you can make it out well enough:
Ctenosaura_pectinata_Caresheet_640x.jpg

Care_sheet_2.jpg

Caresheet_3_640x480.jpg

Feel free to PM me with questions. If you do a search, you can also find some good info in Spanish and use a translator to make sense of it.

Cheers

-Chris

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Congrats, Chris! I'd like to be first on the list when you produce some awesome offspring. Glad you were able to find a girl. The personalities on the pectinatas is so atypical Cteno. Most other species are aggressive and spastic but the pectinata are so calm and docile. Really nice animals!!

Not to steal your post but I thought you might enjoy these.
Hydrosaurus amboinensis
30216hydro2.jpg

Oplurus grandidieri
30216oplurus_grandidieri1.jpg

After 3 DOA's in the first shipment the replacements arrived, along with a couple of extras, in fine shape. The hydrosaurs are tiny but are eating and acclimating pretty well. I picked up some Bronchocela jubata and will try to post some photos next week. They are so interesting! Like punked out polychrus on steroids! LOL

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Oh Jif, I am so envious of your magnificent hydrosaurus. I really really wanted to get some, but it's a good thing i didn't, otherwise i wouldn't be able to afford this new female.

I checked out the jubata. Very cool, let me know how they turn out.

-Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu