• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Strange Mouth Infection?

Blackthunderdog

5 Year Member
Hey my name is Jon- I'm new to this site and I'm new to the world of Tegus. I purchased B & W in early september when he was tinted a deep emerald green. Much of the coloration has disappeared since then- but something strange has come to my attention. There's a rusty reddish lesion-like mark on the left side of his mouth. There also appears to be a slight mis-alignment of his upper and lower jaws (only on the left side though). I tried to get some good pictures of him- but he gets so excited when i take him out that I had to wait until he was asleep on the window ledge (which accounts for the poor lighting).
I feed him about 4-6 large calcium dusted crickets a day.. and change his water on a daily basis. Right now he's in a 30 gal- but I've got a 60 gal for when he gets older. If anyone has any hints or suggestions- PLEASE don't hesitate to send them on down. I'm still a novice here!

DSCN1532-1.jpg

DSCN1534.jpg

DSCN1536.jpg

DSCN1538.jpg

DSCN1540.jpg

DSCN1542.jpg

DSCN1543.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member