• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

storm (DUW)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i been getting the tegus outside more ofen lately to get some real sunlight, storm is now 34" and growing, he is getting huge and has the appetite to match lol, he is great outside, but i have noticed he isnt fond of strangers and will do his "manly tegu" dance if he notices someone other than me, but when i pet him and talk to him a bit he will calm right down here are some pics over the past few weeks of him(mostly outside pics) enjoy

18_01.jpg

0_01.jpg

14-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

13_01.jpg

5-2.jpg

me holding him for size scale(sorta lol)
20_01-1.jpg

head shots
33-1.jpg

35_01-1.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
gorgeous! youre not worried about him running off? my smaller ones would bolt given the chance :(

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Again awsome tegu,looks like they get great care good job.:D

Oh by the way you a chicago bears fan i know it off topic just was wondering cause i am a bears fan lol.:)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol more like protect his meal source, no im not worried i sorta have a system i use with tegus to get them use to out side, tried it on 4 different tegus and it worked, had 2 tegus i didnt try it on and they freaked out when outside.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
actually im more of a baseball fan lol, but i watch them play from time to time

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ah, I wish my smaller ones could handle being outside more. As it warms up I hope to get them out more, maybe it'll settle them down.
You're doing a great job with them!
I loooooooooove the bears!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i use a simple an seemingly effective approach,first i get them use to me were i can pet them with out them bolting to a hide, second i let them chill for a hour or 2 a day in a open window (with the screen closed) this allows them to see whats going outside so when you finally take them out it isnt a huge shock, i usually do this about 2 weeks, third i finally take them outside, first time i always hold them just to see a reaction,if they freak out i take them right back in, if not we chill for a few mins, then i gradually allow them to roam the porch/deck, fourth eventually after the porch i move to grass, i havnt had a tegu freakout when i do this yet, if you arent comfortable with your tegus reaction i highly reccomend a leash, i personally have only used them with 2 tegus who i didnt use this method with who would freak out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me