• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

STOPPING THE HIBERNATION

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm only a new tegu owner and mine is currently hibernating for the first time so I really don't know.. I would assume alot of stress for your tegu would be involved if he's determined to hibernate and you're likewise determined to keep him from doing so :-D . From what I've read chances are if you wake him up he'll just go back down in a day or two. Maybe someone who knows more about hibernation will answer your question as I'm really not sure but thought I'd give it a shot and bump it up at least.

I'm personally enjoying the extra change in my pocket from not feeding mine.. something I'm sure I'll enjoy even more when he's a full grown beast of an eating machine.

dave

5 Year Member
My guy seems to come up every 4-5 days, all on his own. When I see him out, I turn his light back on. Last weekend he was up for 2 days so fed him two fuzzies. Now hes up today again. I don't know if turning the lights on and feeding him is the thing to do or not. I would definetly like to hear an expert opinion this. thanx

leoares27

5 Year Member
Your tegu is gonna do what it wants, reguardless of what you want or do. You should just let it be...imo, if you try to keep it up, its just gonna get peed off and irritated and then your gonna have an untrusting tegu on your hands.

good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.