• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Still trying to hold my tegu!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I use hot rocks myself. I would cover it with cloth to be on the safe side though.Only the dumbest people on the planet have trouble with heat rocks. Pay attention to your Reptiles that have them and everything will be fine. Your doing nothing wrong.

pinto24

5 Year Member
Harveysherps said:
I use hot rocks myself. I would cover it with cloth to be on the safe side though.Only the dumbest people on the planet have trouble with heat rocks. Pay attention to your Reptiles that have them and everything will be fine. Your doing nothing wrong.

Thanks, I do appreciate that. It's nice to hear that basically everything I am doing is not wrong.

burke0000

5 Year Member
Ahhh. This sucks! I know it takes time to get him used to me but its very frustrating when other peoples new tegus are being held right away!!

tegulevi

5 Year Member
theres also the simple fact that not all tegus like to be held. they are still creatures of instinct, they all have their own outlook on things their own likes and dislikes. some of mine will tolerate handling, some of mine will scratch you to death, and one of mine will hang out with you all day. i suggest leaving him alone for a while. just observe him and enjoy him that way. constant handling doesnt make a tegu like you. i rarely handle the male that likes to chill on my arms. but when i do go pick him up he still acts the same. they arent going to forget what handling is, whether it be weekly or monthly.

and watch out for that pvc.

Bubba

5 Year Member
how to tame a tegu

Of course the shirt does the trick. Look my videos on youtube and see how my 4 feet tegu went from aggressive to trustful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980