• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

split personality

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
I just moved my gu to an outdoor enclosure because he out grew his 40 gal. today i went to feed him and he was out sunning.I walked up slowly and he sprinted into his burrow/hide. I put the food down and sat 5' or so from his hide and waited 15-20 min. he never came out ,not even a peek. Any ideas on getting him"back to normal"?

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
got him last summer as a baby (7-8") now he's about 30-32". when he was indoors I was bin feeding with no problems,but i never handled him for long periods. he was always fine with me petting him and moving him from one bin to another. i even yook him out every two days or so (in a bin) and allowed him to sun . also, is it good to bin feed a tegu that lives in a large outdoor cage?

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
Not much improvement over the last few days.hes only eaten once in the four days hes been outside, and he hides from me every time i walk up to the cage. has anyone else had this problem when swithing from indoor to outdoor enclosures? any suggestions would be helpful. I know it takes time and hes stressed from a new environment, but its a little hard to build trust when he hides in his burrow and never comes out.

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
i put mine outside and now when i go in there he tries to get a peice of me lol but after i feed him i can pull him out and do what ever i want with him :crazy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me