• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sorta new, thought I would introduce myself :)

Meg90

5 Year Member
Hi. I'm Meg, I'm a 2nd year Zoology student at present, studying towards my Herpetology degree. I have owned reptiles my entire life. The list is just getting longer....

I'm very passionate about reptiles, and all animals. I speak my mind, and can be kind of a hot head. It can get me in trouble, as I'm not one to sugar coat it. But I stick to my guns, and I think everyone else should too!

About a year ago, my boy friend and I got our own place, and my collection has blossomed with the new space and freedom.

At present I have, 9 crested geckos, ranging in age from 2 months, to four years old. Their names are Santiago, Pollo, MadEye Moody, Faye, Tonks, Fiddlesticks, Trouble, and Wicket. The new girl I picked up this weekend, doesn't have a name yet. I also have 12 eggs incubating, and one due to hatch within the next two weeks.
geckoandmyface040.jpg

Celiacloseupshots037.jpg

Breedersandbabies052.jpg

THIRDhatchling072209020.jpg

I also just recently rescued a box turtle as well. Her name is Eglantine, Egg for short. She's a sweet girl, and I am working hard to turn her around.
turtleangel.jpg

I also have three Greek tortoises. Two are hatchlings, Nigel, is almost 11 yrs old, my middle kid is almost a year old. I really enjoy raising torts. They are challenging, and majorly rewarding. Two of mine Jordanian Greeks ssp, and one Golden X Antakyan Greek Cross. Nigel (11 yrs), Anouk (who will be 1 yr old on the 24th!) and little Novalee who is just under two months old.
n736244189_874790_1744.jpg

Anouk10monthsold040.jpg

NEWGREEKBABY022.jpg

I also have two ball pythons, Spike and Gimli. Spike is a "spider" morph. My ball pythons were what got me back into the hobby. The animals that gave the the itch, so to say!
snakesandeggs050.jpg

Snaketankrevamp076.jpg

I joined Tegutalk, because one, it was recommended to me, two, its run by a really good breeder, and three, I like to do my research before I get a new animal!

My Varnyard Tegu will be here on Wednesday morning. :-D And I am PUMPED. I've wanted a tegu for about a year now (and have been doing research that whole time), and am finally taking the plunge!

Just thought I would properly introduce myself! Looking forward to getting to know every one, and share some good experiences!

I also LOVE to take photos---I'm hoping to get some good ones of my new Tegu Lady in time to enter the existing photo comp! Sounds like a blast!

So, Hi every one!

wyattroa

5 Year Member
im going to go out on a limb and say that you like harry potter? As do i...lol... What kind of tegu did you pick up from bobby? I am very tempted to get a ball python but i hear they are not the best snakes for first snake owner. I can wait to see pics of your new GU..come up with a name yet? or waiting to see the personality?
robert

Meg90

5 Year Member
I'm getting a female Argi B&W--No name yet, I do want to meet her first!

I love my Harry Potter! Tonks came with her name, but MadEye deserves his (he's my trouble maker).

Ball pythons are actually GREAT starter snakes. They don't have a tendency to bite, are easy keepers, pretty to look at, tolerate handling. Check out this picture:
babynake.jpg

That's my goddaughter, Korrin, with Spike. I wouldn't have let her hold him, if I
thought she was going to harm him, or he was going to harm her! She was three when that pic was taken. She loves her "baby nake" :-D

Gimli, my older ball, is my ambassador snake. I let friends who have never held snakes, or don't know much about them, handle him. He's a kitten as long as you're not a dead rat. (If you do just so happen to be a dead rat, he's a whip fast eating machine lol)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont