• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sometimes it just takes the right reptile....

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
So I have a friend who finds reptiles a lil unnerving. He gets a bit nervous around them. His first fear is getting bit, and his second is unintentionally causing end of life. He recently came for a visit and I had my geckos out for some exercise, and he got a bit on guard. I laughed at him and said that these geckos won't bite, and are probably too afraid to try. Still a tad leary. I put the geckos back in their tank, and brought out my CWD. My friend stood way back. I told him my CWD doesn't really even know how to bite, he's so calm. My friend then took a step in to look closer. After a few moments my friend was right up in the lizards face. I think people are still under aalot of misconception, and false beleifs. I beleive, with the right amount of patience, some open mindedness, and the right reptile the bridge can be gapped. I also think a lil cander is needed too lol. Gotta make it fun for the person and it all becomes a great experiance. Well I'm off to see how many more people I can convert lol Have a good day all.

ihatehumans

5 Year Member
Good for you! Part of the reason their are so many bans on reptiles is out of fear on the governments part. See my thread on giant reptiles as pets.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
I read your post. I agree and disagree. I think if the person trying to raise the large animal has the means to do so, well let em. With gov. restrictions freedom is lost more and more. I also think some screening could be done by deallers. Like a parent or guardian to attend the child who wants a pet. So I agree, and disagree. Hope that's fair enough? Thanks for the comment

ihatehumans

5 Year Member
I have come to the conclusion that giant reptiles (exept cocodilians) are fine as pets if kept by responsible owners.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
I agree too. But Croc farming isn't a bad thing tho. There's alot of very professional people raising crocs and gators for wildlife preservation. Atleast there is a purpose for their actions. As for some young "punk" buying a gator and keeping it in the pool in his backyard is not very bright. A friend of mine had a croc he was raising in his bathtub. I told him about what is needed, he turned and got rid of the animal. So yeah, sometimes crap happens. I do think that a person can do a great job if given a chance. I also had a friend who raised a couger. That cat was huge but so friendly. There are the pet keepers, then there are the extrewme pet keepers. Great to see people who have so much enthusiasm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980