• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Some pics of my herps!

Gx3

5 Year Member
I finally got around to taking some pics of my guys...I apologize for the picture quality (I don't own a digital camera!)

My Borneo short-tail python/blood python

BloodPython.jpg

Albino Nelson's Milksnake
get-attachmentaspx.jpg

Some Tiger Sals
Eastern.jpg

Barred.jpg

One of my Leptopelis Barbouri
Barbouri.jpg

One of my Leptopelis Uluguruensis
RubyEyed.jpg

And I'll be adding my new tegu to the list soon!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
awesome. i like the amphibians. i didnt know tiger salamanders got that big. what is the common name of those frogs? they are cool.

nice collection.

Gx3

5 Year Member
The frogs are really really rare and dont really have a legit common name...some people call Leptopelis Barbouri the Barbour Tree Frog and call Leptopelis Uluguruensis the Ruby Eyed Alien Frog. And I would NEVER get rid of my Borneo!! That is my baby!!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
what do you keep your Tiger sals in? they are really cool. do you ever see them or do they hide allot? lol after seeing those i want one.

Gx3

5 Year Member
I keep mine in a 20 gal long tank (can hold about 4 sals) with Eco Earth substrate (about 4-5 inches deep because they like to burry). I have all live plants and a fluorescent plant light that is on for 12 hrs. I've noticed the Barred sals (mine are likely mutts and not actually 100% Barred) like to run around and are very active, while the Easterns tend to burry quite a bit, but still come out to feed and are fun to watch. I've had mine since they were just little aquatic larvae : )

Gx3

5 Year Member
It really depends, those guys grow pretty quick (depending on how they're fed). Those guys are still growing, Tigers can even get up to 13 inches long! I've never owned one that big but I used to breed axolotls and I had a big male that was about 14 inches! Theres a lot of variables with larvae and size though, because some will go terrestrial when they are only 5 inches and some won't change until they are 10+ inches. It depends on the species, cage set up, water condition, etc. Wow, I got off on a tangent, but they will likely be full grown within a year to a year and a half.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
cool. i like those things allot. i didnt know salamanders got that big. where did you get your larvae? and where can i find a care sheet?

Gx3

5 Year Member
I got mine off of kingsnake.com and yea they are pretty big, tigers are the largest terrestrial salamander in the world. And caudata.org is a great site/forum for axolotls and tigers. Here is a link to their care sheet which is very good <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Ambystoma/A_tigrinum.shtml">http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Ambys ... inum.shtml</a><!-- m -->

ZEKE

5 Year Member
thanks! if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for yours? they are really cool looking. i may have to set up another cage for a pair of them.

what exact species are yours? i especially like the second one. i like its bright yellow coloring.

Gx3

5 Year Member
The bright ones that you would find for sale would be some type of barred salamander. I paid about $50 each for them. The darker one is an eastern.

Markie

5 Year Member
Those frogs are so cute! Makes me want to get some kind of frog.. I haven't had one since I was like, 7. And I LOVE the python!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980