• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Some pics of my guy before I send him away

YorkOC

5 Year Member
Some pics I took of Jacques today. Hate to see him go b/c I raised him from a hatchling but he will be going to a much better home. Bitter sweet for me. Maybe I will get another Tegu in the future but for now I am sticking with my two french buldogs and turtle until I get a home and can build a huge outside enclosure for one.

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

old cool pic
Jacques12_05-1.jpg

French bulldogs:
Mia 3 year old female
mimi.jpg

Gus 9 month old male from Hungary
DSCN0085.jpg

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
aww why are you letting him go? and where is he going? i love your glass's by the way

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It must be really upsetting....I know what it is like to have to give up an animal that you have raised from a baby ...especially for reasons that aren't under your control. My father decided to give my ever-so-sweet corn snake away when I was younger; I had had her for at least about 7 years (he didn't want to buy mice.)
The next year, he gave my 2 year old doberman away because it was always finding ways to run away. He was a real sweetie.

I hope you don't miss her too much...I know that you already realize this, but I just want to re-affirm that she is going to live probably the best life she could possibly live. She looks like a total cuddle-bug, by the way.

I wish you the best of luck.

YorkOC

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
It must be really upsetting....I know what it is like to have to give up an animal that you have raised from a baby ...especially for reasons that aren't under your control. My father decided to give my ever-so-sweet corn snake away when I was younger; I had had her for at least about 7 years (he didn't want to buy mice.)
The next year, he gave my 2 year old doberman away because it was always finding ways to run away. He was a real sweetie.

I hope you don't miss her too much...I know that you already realize this, but I just want to re-affirm that she is going to live probably the best life she could possibly live. She looks like a total cuddle-bug, by the way.

I wish you the best of luck.

Well my plan from day one was to get a house or rent one where I could build a large outdoor enclosure for him. I want him to have the best possible life. I am very busy now working full time and raising two french bulldogs. I just dont feel like I give him enough time ahndling, etc so he could have a better life for sure. The most important thing to me is that he will go to someone that will take great care of him and not want to get rid of him 1 year down the road so I have found a great home for him. Its bitter sweet b/c I have been thinking about this for a while and made a promise that if I would spend more time with him I would keep him but it has not worked out that way in my hectic life. I used to be in college when life was simple but now I am in the real world living in an apartment with no yard.

YorkOC

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
aww why are you letting him go? and where is he going? i love your glass's by the way

Thanks they were the only ones I could find that had thick sides. European brand Alain Mikli from France "Fronce" is how they pronoounce it. Kinda expensive but I figure glasses are something you wear everyday. I need them to see clearly :roll:

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
YorkOC said:
Lexi said:

Thanks they were the only ones I could find that had thick sides. European brand Alain Mikli from France "Fronce" is how they pronoounce it. Kinda expensive but I figure glasses are something you wear everyday. I need them to see clearly :roll:
well you made a good choice, they look good!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan