• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Some last min herping (DUW)

Beazer

5 Year Member
Well, did some last minute herping. I thought it was going to be a phenomenal but I was wrong, though the conditions were soooo perfect just wasnt good enough or too good I guess? lol. Well, we did manage to find a cerb, tons of canyon tree frogs, couple red spot toads, and a species of leopard frog I am having a hard time identifying. Its funny because I have just gotten my camera back and when I get my camera back I dont find the stuff I want to photograph but when I was without my camera I did find a bunch of stuff to photograph. Dont you hate how that works? I was in a rush to take pics so they didnt come out so good. The cerb I took pics of on the road cause game and fish pulled me over (I guess they were looking for deer poachers and happened to see me actin funny) so I had them breathing down my neck and just snapped a few shots and ditched it off the road where itd be safe.

Crotalus cerberus (AZ Black Rattlesnake)
herping073Large.jpg

herping070Large.jpg

Hyla arenicolor (Canyon Tree Frogs)

Canyontreefrog5a.jpg

canyontreefrog3a.jpg

canyontreefrog1a.jpg

Canyontreefrog6a.jpg

canyontreefrog7a.jpg

canyontreefrog8a.jpg

canyontreefrog4a.jpg

Rana sp. (Leopard Frog I cannot ID)

leofrog.jpg

Leopardfrog.jpg

Not sure what this bug is. I think they call them "Jeruselam" crickets. I need a macro lense bad lol.

herping068Large.jpg

-Jon DeLong

ZEKE

5 Year Member
awesome! those canyon tree frogs are cute! i have never seen them before.

and thats a nice looking rattlesnake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980