• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

so i finally got my B&W!! but i'm a little worried...

kurtle55

5 Year Member
sorry i havent replied in a while. but i do have good news. it took him about 12 days but he finally started eating!!! at first he would only eat deli turkey but after 2 days he started eating eggs and now he will eat crickets too. he won't mice but does like chicken.

do you still think i should take him to a vet?

Schnab

5 Year Member
Well your consern was him not eating and he's doing fine now, so it's not really necessary at the moment. But it's good to get them checked out once in a long while to make sure everythings all good. I mean, if you can afford to take him, do whatever.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Try dipping the mice in egg yolk, he should take them then. If he seems healthy, then there is no need to take him to the vet.

kurtle55

5 Year Member
well i work at a vet so it shouldn't be a problem they just dont know very much about reptiles (thats why i havent taken him there yet). but thanks alot guys you've helped alot

ashesc212

5 Year Member
If you do take him to the vet, I'd definitely take him to see a herp vet instead.

I'm glad to hear that he's eating! Have you tried giving him any raw ground turkey, tilapia, or anything like that yet? My tegu loves cut up raw tilapia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029