• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Snake Talk

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I know some of you are keeping snakes too. So does anyone have any snake breeding projects going. I've got plans on breeding some Hypo Boas . I may breed my Retics. If I can find an albino Burm male to trade for . I may breed some Burms. Oh yeah I may try to breed Ball pythons for the first time. Is there anyone who has bred Ball Pythons that has any advice? I have a really neat imported male. He carries 5 different gene markers on his body. Whatever that means. I'm not much into Ball Pythons. But I figure if I can breed them. I may get some morph's that I have been wanting. Mainly Albino Ball Pythons. The others I want I can't afford. LOL ( Phantoms and Lucies)

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
I've kept all kinds of snakes here over the last 12 years and we did have one accidental litter of RTB/Hogg Island boas about 8 years ago and we had a rescued Rosy boa drop 3 babies while in our possession. I never was terribly interested in breeding anything since we see so many snakes come into rescue. But, and that is a big BUT, I saw a pair of snakes at the Tinley show earlier this month that I couldn't pass up. I'd seen some many years ago and could never get them out of my head. The snakes I bought are the Mocquards morph of the Taiwan Beauty Ratsnakes and this pair is het for albino. They are gorgeous and I just couldn't pass on them after not seeing any for so many years. These I may attempt to breed. This is not my photo but they look quite similar to this snake but more orange. I will try to get pics of my own pair.
taiwanesebeauty.jpg

chriz

5 Year Member
im trying 2 breed my gtps at the mo but having 2 reduce my other reptiles due 2 moving the only reptiles i will have left is snakes .

n well that tai is a beauty i have a pair they not very hard 2 breed at n the grate snakes also

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
MMRR - jif said:
I've kept all kinds of snakes here over the last 12 years and we did have one accidental litter of RTB/Hogg Island boas about 8 years ago and we had a rescued Rosy boa drop 3 babies while in our possession. I never was terribly interested in breeding anything since we see so many snakes come into rescue. But, and that is a big BUT, I saw a pair of snakes at the Tinley show earlier this month that I couldn't pass up. I'd seen some many years ago and could never get them out of my head. The snakes I bought are the Mocquards morph of the Taiwan Beauty Ratsnakes and this pair is het for albino. They are gorgeous and I just couldn't pass on them after not seeing any for so many years. These I may attempt to breed. This is not my photo but they look quite similar to this snake but more orange. I will try to get pics of my own pair.
taiwanesebeauty.jpg

[/quote]
Those are really cool snakes. I love the Blue ones also. The Beaty snakes are one of my Favorite Colubrid. Pro Exotics has some Colubrids that I really want. I have always wanted some Beaty snakes just never got any. There was a guy in Florida that raised them. He killed hisself last year. After that his collection was split up. It was a big write up on Fauna about it. It was really sad. But anyway good luck with them. I would love to see pics of your though.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
chriz said:
im trying 2 breed my gtps at the mo but having 2 reduce my other reptiles due 2 moving the only reptiles i will have left is snakes .

n well that tai is a beauty i have a pair they not very hard 2 breed at n the grate snakes also
GTPs are the jewels of the snake world. I love all of the Locals. I used to keep them. I hope to aquire some more some day. Good luck with breeding them. If you have any pics . I'd love to see them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu