• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sleeping in water dish

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Ok so I'm watching Godzilla today trying to get his shed off and all of a sudden he goes and lays in the water dish and goes to sleep

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351724515715.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351724515715.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 32

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Humidity is 70% but he knows when I soak him I'm trying to get the shed off because I brush him so.maybe he knows and wants the shed off

He soaks then bask and soaks

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Analog

It works fine too

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Well the temp omw is accurate for sure because I have a digital thermometer I use show same temp but I can't say same for hydrometer

Odonata

I always go with digital devices, but even then go with 2 systems as certainly in the US there is very little specified % of accuracy on these types of devices from a manufacturing standpoint (unless you buy one that is made in Germany or such). When using an automated system you can calibrate it by using multiple devices so that you can within a reasonable range of accuracy.

Just my 2 cents.

I was surprised how far off the some of the humidity and temperature control systems were when I actually put them to the test (and these systems themselves are far from cheap).

Steven.

http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-thermometers-hygrometers/11442-513304/zilla-terrarium-hygrometer-thermometer.html, I use this on in my 40 gallon rite now. I got the temp rite over the basking spot and the hydro in the middle. I wanna get anther one for the cool side to have a good idea to temps and humidty on both side of the tank.

Diablo

5 Year Member
I have a digital hygrometer and it's even worse than the analog. It basically always says 99% humidity even when I haven't misted in over a week. Maybe my enclosure holds humidity super well, but it's throwing me off whether I should mist or not. I need to get a more accurate one.

Any suggestions?

larissalurid

Diablo said:
I have a digital hygrometer and it's even worse than the analog. It basically always says 99% humidity even when I haven't misted in over a week. Maybe my enclosure holds humidity super well, but it's throwing me off whether I should mist or not. I need to get a more accurate one.

Any suggestions?

It's probably broken. Test it in a normal room (which should be somewhere around 30-ish percent and varies a bit depending on where you live). If it says 99% there you know its just that. I have 2 different digital hygrometer/thermometers though and they both work just fine. I'd just get a new one.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I can't get the damn humidity to stay up so he is still shedding

Sirhc401

I happened to see this subject and laughed because Odin loves his baths and we filled his water dish with warm water and he dived in and fell asleep he was so relaxed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980