• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Skeletor awoke and is now trying to mate with both my reds.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They have been sleeping for months now....And i walked into their room today and Skeletor (my B&W) is trying to mate with both of my reds (male and female) I think he is alittle bit confussed....Im positive that my red male is a male.
why would he wake up and start trying to mate?

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Dominance. Many animals do that. They try to put the wood to other males to show em who is boss. Lol. I can't believe your guy is up. My lady just called and said Apollo is up, awake, and gettin' all swole cat on her, waiting for me to come home and let him outta his cage. Lol. I can't wait! He's gonna have a ball digging through the open wrapping paper! HAHAHA!! merry christmas lexi!

WhiskeyTango

5 Year Member
lol skeletor is a awesome name for a tegu..sounds like someone watched he-man at one time :)

I whould think dominance as well..dogs do it even if there fixed..lol.

Merry Christmas!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegus do mock breed, I see it all the time when a new tegu is introduced to an enclosure. :shock: :D

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i just thought it was weird cause he is the one who sleeps all winter..and now he is up...he stoped being a naughty boy now tho.. But thank you!! and MERRY X-MAS and happy holidays.. all that good stuff!!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
its 70.....My room stays 70 cause of all the heat lamps in it..kinda saves on heating bills lol.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That might be the problem. 50-60 is usually the hibernation temp, although I keep mine outside in the winter, and the temps fluctuate a lot. Mine stay asleep, however.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
iv never had this problem before tho...They have always slept threw the winter before...

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Perhaps your tegu is feeling a little bi-curious? lmao

my chihuahua tries to "mate" with my poodle-mix, and they're both males.. So we just joke that the chihuahua is gay.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hahah well they arnt doing it anymore...they are all back to sleep. it was weird.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't find his behaviour THAT weird; what I dio find weird is the fact that he was doing it in the middle of winter :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me