• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

size question

nivek5225

5 Year Member
Which normally get bigger, bearded dragons or australian water dragons? I know that AWD have reaaaally long tails, so i'm only interested in their body(snout to vent?).

thanks!

dicy

5 Year Member
awds usualy stay around 3ft so 1ft snouth vent seems a good line but sum whill get longer specialy if taken good care off from day 1 ive even seen 4ft green green waterdragons beardys usualy stay around 2ft whit 1 ft snout vent lengt but beardys r like flatten out horizontaly and waterdragons verticaly

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Aussie's get bigger.. but its really in the tail.. I have AWD's and Beardies.. Both awesome reptiles.

nivek5225

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
Aussie's get bigger.. but its really in the tail.. I have AWD's and Beardies.. Both awesome reptiles.
I have read that aussies tolerate eachother better then beardies. Would I be able to house 3 aussies together? Will they fight? I want to get a pair, but you can't really tell male or female when they are young so i was thinking of getting 3 babies then...

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
as babies i dont see it being a problem at all.. but when they are older the males will fight... I personal like beardies allot better..my beardies get along fine, i keep my males together all winter..and when its time to breed i put them in with the females.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd personally go with Beardies, although that seems to be the norm....maybe you want to do something different?

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nivek5225 said:
Lexi, what about beardies do you like better?

And DZLife, why would you go with beardies?

Well Beardies are much more Calm then AWD, Beardies are known to be "lap pets" Because they will sit with you and wont really run around and explore to much. Plus they come in all different morphs.
My AWD's are only babies at this moment and are still alittle flighty, But we'll see how they are when the get bigger.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nivek5225 said:
Lexi, what about beardies do you like better?

And DZLife, why would you go with beardies?

More readily available....also, I know more about them. In adition, I have a breeder who owes me a favor...he offered to hook me up with a pair of fire (intense red) beardies for about 40 each when i am ready.

And this is all aside from what Lexi already said.

dicy

5 Year Member
i agree beardys r way calmer my addult asian water dragons r realy calm but the aussy is more fligthy the beardys i used to work whit where in the midle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu