• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Size Compairson

tegulevi

5 Year Member
on the subject of chacoan reds.
the add some chacoan giant red tegus, paraguayan bloodline.
lemmie refer to my map again
CHACO IS IN DAMN ARGENTINA NOT PARAGUAY
no offense but some dealers are morons

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
tegulevi said:
on the subject of chacoan reds.
the add some chacoan giant red tegus, paraguayan bloodline.
lemmie refer to my map again
CHACO IS IN xxxx ARGENTINA NOT PARAGUAY
no offense but some dealers are morons

Not true, the Chaco plains covers the extreme northern range, this includes parts of Paraguay. Lowland alluvial plain, south-central South America. An arid lowland, it is bounded by the Andes Mountains to the west and the Paraguay and ParanÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â? Ã¢â?¬â?¢Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¡ rivers to the east; its northern and southern margins, generally considered to be a marshy area in Bolivia and the Salado River in Argentina, respectively, are less well defined. Its area is about 280,000 sq miles.

800px-GranChacoApproximate.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
pinto24 said:
Does anyone have a something to compare the male adult size to? I know that they can get 20Lbs and 5 ft. But how much of that is tail? How thick are they(e.g., football, soccerball)? I actually just reserved one of these bad boys, and am trying to get an idea of what I am going to dealing with. I t is just hard to really get an idea of what one of these guys is like from looking at the pictures. I have nothing wrong with big animals, I have red tails and those suckers aren't tiny. Any feedback would be great.

Welcome to the TeguTalk community, glad you came and joined us!! :)

As for the size, read this thread, in post number 5 it shows and adult male normal and an adult Extreme on a 10 inch tile floor.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=199">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=199</a><!-- m -->

Let me know if that helps.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I didn't realize that reds could have that much contrast! The only non-baby red I have ever seen in person was a large male at a LLLReptile store, and the colors were fairly muddled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980