• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

*sigh*

gotherps?

5 Year Member
ive had my beardie for about a year now. he was already fully grown at about a foot long. im just wondering how other people's beardies act in thier enclosure. basically since the day i got him he is always rubbing and trying to get out of any enclosure i put him in no matter how big it is. im connvinced that if i gave him a whole room he'd still scratch at the door and try to get out. ive got him in a 75 gallon setup with all the essentials, temps are right uvb, food, water, ect but he ALWAYS scratches and wants to get out. i take him out and let him free roam once a day and as soon as i put him back in he just wants to get out. i'd say out of any given day he spends 50% of the day trying to get out. ive even had him in enclosures bigger than the one he's in now and he still just tries to get out. anyone else seen this behavior?

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
One of my female beardie has a 150 gallon set up to herself, and she rubs on the glass and tries to climb the glass... try putting paper around the outside of the tank about half way up the glass(around the back and sides), then on the front put it about 2 inches above the substrate...see if that works....
to tell you the truth..iv tried that..and it didnt seem to work..but maybe it will for you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu