• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Should I Get A Chacoan?

Some chacoans don't even grow that large some people don't even consider chacoans a separate locality from the b and w and some people keep large reds in the same size as a regular black and white.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
I agree, no smaller than an 8x4. Be sure to check whether Johnny (Teguterra) has hatchlings or juvies, he usually has juvies this time of year and I would not suggest putting juvie in an 100gallon. Glass tanks really arent for tegus as it makes holding heat and humidity hard and its not wise to get an animal before you have a proper set up and the knowledge, like diet. So maybe its best to wait until your fully prepared. To answer your question, yes they can eat fuzzy mice or larger depending on how large the tegu is but that shouldnt be the only thing in their diet. They need a large variety of food sources along with fruits/veggies.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
whats the basking temp in the enclosure though? cool side should be 75, hot side 90, with a basking surface temp (you need a temp gun to measure) 115-130

RickyNo

I like to make sure my animals are comfortable. An animal thats just a foot or two shorter than yourself being forced to cramp into something not rated for its size is just cruel. I mean how would you feel if you were forced to spend your life in a 3x4 room? You would go insane wouldnt you? a happy tegu is a nice tegu :) I still feel kinda bad I only built enough burrow space for 1.5ft. I know a whole lot more now and didnt know it should have been 2 ft! But even then hes still spoilt

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
I built one of my cages and it was a 8x3x30inches, just lumber, screws, hinges, glass, locks, lighting, sealant, silicone was about $700... not including bulbs or substrate. I dont understand how people say they built them for only $100!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980