• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

should I be worried about his weight?

izzy

Okk so normally I feed my tegu fuzzies..and he pumps right up like no folds nothing he's thick. Recently for example today he had 3 fuzzies and he still has folds on his side? I call them hunger rolls because once he's full these disappear..but for the past 2 days those rolls are still there even after eatting...is it vet time to just get a routine parasite checkup? Or is he just growing and need more food with his meals? Please give me advice I'm thinking it's vet time..

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If he's young and growing, chances are better than even that he needs more food. If you're unsure or his poop looks weird, never hurts to go to the vet.

Gandalf

Yeah, he just isn't full. If he had parasites like worms, his belly would still appear full, he just wouldn't be getting the nutrients because the worms were getting it, and he would be slowly losing weight over time.

So either he just needs more food, or he used to be super fat (unlikely since he is eating fuzzies). Either way, the skin folds just mean the belly isn't full. How big/old is he now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu