• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

shipping?

boygenius

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

I was just wondering what carrier/service you guys use to ship reptiles?

I've bought from a guy using UPS Overnight before however that didn't work out so well, mainly due to the guy improperly shipping it.

I just bought another tegu from a guy using fedex overnight by 10:30am however it's 330pm here right now and I still haven't gotten the tegu yet.

I hope the tegu was properly packaged this time but I'm still concerned.

If this one turns up half dead or dead like the first one I am not going to be a happy camper.

Just wondering what you guys would recommend for people to ship through and if my package today won't be DOA.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Did you get reimbursed for the previous DOA? Either the seller or the shipping company should have reimbrsed you somehow....I NEVER order anything unless it has a life gurantee----usually, the people I buy from gurantee it for the first week or so.

boygenius

5 Year Member
Well the earlier one was almost DOA, but we revived it. The guy offered to reimburse half back after I called him if the tegu died.

Yeah I should have inquired about a guarantee, Hindsight is always 20/20 but what can you do after the fact.

I called FedEx and they said that they had an hour delay in memphis but still that doesn't explain the 5/6 hour gap so far from the guaranteed 1030am time till now.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I use DHL express, I have had good luck with them for the most part.

As for your delay, it could have been too late to make the next flight. But no shipping service is perfect, they all are late from time to time.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
boygenius said:
Well the earlier one was almost DOA, but we revived it. The guy offered to reimburse half back after I called him if the tegu died.

Yeah I should have inquired about a guarantee, Hindsight is always 20/20 but what can you do after the fact.

I called FedEx and they said that they had an hour delay in memphis but still that doesn't explain the 5/6 hour gap so far from the guaranteed 1030am time till now.

Man, I remember how freaked I got when I ordered a pair of baby Sunburst Veiled Chameleons. The plane was delayed, and I waited at the post office for HOURS!!!!

Good luck with the gu's....I pray that they are ok....

boygenius

5 Year Member
it finally arrived at 430pm.

it was packaged in a usps priority box and foam cut and glued into the interior as well as a cloth bag and 2 small heat packs. this wasn't packaged well at all.

the tegu didn't look too good but after basking for awhile it's fine now.

i'll post pictures soon enough.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thank God! I'm glad things turned out ok....let's hope things continue to improve!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bobby shared this link with me just the other day. It's a good start on learning how to ship reptiles and what to expect/look for.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.arbreptiles.com/shipping/index.shtml">http://www.arbreptiles.com/shipping/index.shtml</a><!-- m -->

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980