• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

shedding

RobK.

since i got my rhino back from the vet , he has shed nothing . He's always had something shedding . I have been giving him baths daily and misting him 3-4 times a day and his humidity is good . being he' eating better and starting to improve i hope he starts shedding again . his right ( bad ear ) is trying to shed the membrane . but giving him problems i mist that area more often . he's also not grown at all while he was sick . But he's getting fat again .

RobK.

Bk101

Just give him time :) since he was sick his body needs time I recover itself before it concentrates on growing again. As long as there is no "stuck" shed, he should b aright. I soak mine almost everyday if not every other, and mist him once a day and doesn't shed everytime, but probly about once a week if not once every two weeks... But he is healthy and growing fast so just give yours time to get there :) he will b fine :)

spidersandmonsters

He probably isn't shedding because he hasn't grown. I'm sure in time he will be back in full swing. As long as his skin isn't tight, I wouldn't worry. I'm so glad that he's doing better!

RobK.

spidersandmonsters said:
He probably isn't shedding because he hasn't grown. I'm sure in time he will be back in full swing. As long as his skin isn't tight, I wouldn't worry. I'm so glad that he's doing better!

he was growing at about 1 1/2 -2'' a month , but since he was sick only 1/4 '' in the last month and a half .

RobK.

he's eating like a pig . i give him a bath every other day and mist him, 2-4 times a day but still not shedding . I think he starting to grow again , so hopefuly he will shed soon .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
My rhino is shedding now but,hes not as active as during the summer months,still eating great just not as active.Also i bath my rhino twice a week as well.Mine seems to be bulking up more too,maybe yours is bulking up more as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029