• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

sexing and potty traing

RobK.

using a clear tub and it easy to tell for sure if its a male at 1 1/2 year . after he/she is done pooping , if its a male you will see his Hemipenis. This also it keep you cage spotless . At first i had to put my hands over his head to keep him from climbing out / Now he just set there until he is done .

pottingtraingroni.jpg

You may be able to see it Hemipenis before he's a 1 1/2 years old , ???? not sure as i did not do this until he was .

hemipenis.jpg

done , no mess ever in his cage . the room and his cage always smells clean and fresh and WAY LESS bacteria . One more thing , i would not do this until he/she is calm and whatsoever tame .

pottingtraing2.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You are one lucky keeper lol, my rhino would just crap anywere he pleased(including on me). Granted he was younger and more aggresive, ill try this whenever I get another one

RobK.

reptastic said:
You are one lucky keeper lol, my rhino would just crap anywere he pleased(including on me). Granted he was younger and more aggresive, ill try this whenever I get another one

sure is nice not having to smell his poop . I started doing this when i got him back from the vet . I wanted to keep him and his cage as spotless as i could .
I can believe all the typos i did on this thread . I am NOT the best speller BUT i sure messed up on this one .LOL

Kimmie

this is funny I do the same thing with Cookie and he waits with pooping to I pick him up and into his lbox where he poops and pees ^^

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
cheezy said:
Can baby iguanas be potty trained like that? How difficult it it?

From what I've read, iggys seem to be the easier lizards to potty train. I know many pet iguanas who use litter boxes. If you look on the Wikipedia page for "Iguanas in Captivity" there's a photo of a rather large male actually using a toilet like he's people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029