• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Setup for Baby gu

Kelepingon

Hi guys, I plan to get a hatchling from Varnyard soon(when he gets his next batch) and I have a few questions about my Setup. First I live in Florida and my house temp is around 75F and around 50-60% humidity.

Anyhow I just got a 40 Gal tank(48"x13"x16"tall) and I have everything setup except for the lighting. In the tank I am using 2" of Cypress mulch on the left side where on top will be a Rock(10"x6"2x"tall) so the distance on the left side of the tank where I plan to put his high Basking/UV temp/lighting to the top will be around 12-13". The right side will be around 4" or more of Mulch and have all his hide including one next to the basking temp.

My question is what would be the best UV light and Temp setup for basking for the setup I have. I want to meet a basking temp of about 100F and with my room temp I can get 75-80F on the cool side. Also Humidity wont be much of a problem considering My house is pretty humid, but I still plan to get it around 80%.

This is my biggest Issue right now and I want the healthiest possible Gu so please give me some Idea's and If something needs changing I am all ears.

Thanks again, Kel

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I have used a MVB for my tegu since he was two weeks old and he is exceptionally large and healthy. That would be a good option. It has to be changed once a year. Otherwise, the Reptisun 10.0 tube light is good but it needs to be replaced every 6 months.

Just a warning, and you probably know this, he's going to grow out of that 40 gallon real quick if you feed him well. Mine grew out of his in only 3-4 months!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214